Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Growing Like a Weed

Look at how huge she looks! Bailey is definitely in the middle of a growth spurt. Over the past few days she has changed from my regularly scheduled eating baby, to wanting to eat all the time! Is that normal? Last week we bumped her eating to 5 ounces from 4, but now she's eating between 5-6 ounces every 3-4 hours! We have an appointment next week and I'm sure she's going to be huge. She's also not sleeping much at night. The past two night she has woken up around 5:00am letting us know that she is starving. I thought that babies were supposed to start to sleep longer and through the night--she's killing me! I desparately hope that by the time school starts in August that I can put her to bed at least by 10 and she'll sleep through the night. Right now I have to stay up (which I don't mind because I'm a night owl) until 12 or 1 to feed her for the last time and she'll usually sleep until 6 or 7. Once school starts I'm guessing I'll have to sleep more to function at work. So all the moms out there--any advice?

The other exciting thing is that last Monday, Bailey rolled over! I say exciting because it is for me. She can roll over from her stomach to her back. She kind of just falls to which ever side her head bobbles. It's really funny because once she's done it, she's very surprised. Bailey's other tricks at the moment are playing with her tongue, blowing bubbles, playing with her hands, and making lots of fun sounds. It's funny because she's always grabbing her hands and trying to stuff them into her mouth. She doesn't really suck on her fingers; she just licks them like a lollipop. The other thing she loves at the moment is her swing. Right now she's just chillin' in her swing licking her fingers. She's thinking about being sad right now, so I better go stop it before she turns into full on crazy cry mode.

1 comment:

Missy 'n Danny said...

oh your baby is so super cute i heard she had a rough start but looks as though she is doing great. my advise for the sleep thing is to get use to not sleeping it just goes with the territory, it just makes the times they do sleep good like a gift from God. it sounds like you are doing a great job