Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fun Stuff

First, really exciting news in my life is that my field hockey team was ranked 2nd in San Diego county this week. We had a bye today so we start CIF playoffs on Monday; we also just happen to play our major cross town rivals--Vista. It's going to be a big game since we've beaten them twice already this season. So go get 'em Longhorns!!!

Here are some much belated Halloween pictures of Bailey:

She was a cow, but I think she was the littlest longhorn. I didn't actually take any pictures on Halloween because she went to bed really early and I didn't want to wake her for a photo session. So these pictures are after one of my night field hockey games. This outfit is warm enough for a night game, but she can also be our tiny mascot. My field hockey team loved it!Here I posed her with a mini pumpkin so I can say that the pictures were Halloween pictures.She is so close to just crawling all over the place. She is still doing a funky army crawl, but she does get up on all fours sometimes and takes a few crawls forward.

I could have had her been little orphan Annie in this church dress:

Brian hates it when I take her pictures wearing the matching hat, but I just can't resist.

Here's a rare shot of the two of them actually sitting still next to each other and looking at the camera:


Here is Bailey on election day. She actually voted three times, but I could only find two of her stickers by the time I took this picture. She voted with Brian in the morning before he dropped her off with Aunt Toni. She then voted with Toni in the afternoon. When I picked her up after school, then she went and voted with me too. As you can see, she really liked voting!

I had a really funny voting story from this year. I picked up Bailey and then went to vote before my night field hockey game started, so I didn't have a lot of time. When I walked up to the poll--I voted on the campus of Cal State San Marcos--there were about 30-40 people in line. I did not have time to wait in that line and get everything done that I needed to before my game. So I waited and waited for about 10 minutes. A poll worker came out the back door and was talking to another voter who was waiting in line with me. She explained that the long line was due to the fact that there were no more English ballots and they would get more in about 20 minutes. She said that if she wanted, she could vote using a ballot in another language--Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, and something else. When their conversation was finished, I went up to speak to the worker. I asked her if I could vote in another language; she said yes, so I said let's go! I asked her if everything was the same and if they would be scanned the same just to make sure. She said yes. I told her I would like to vote in Spanish; all you really needed to know was the names of the people you were voting for and si and no. So I got my ballot en espanol and voted away. I asked if they had Spanish sticker, but I was out of luck. I was in and out in a few minutes. When I came out, everyone was still standing in the line. So Viva Voting!

2 comments:

keri mae rhineer heaton said...

what is that red hat??? o dear... haha!! good thing you put up new pictures.... you were falling behind!!

keri mae rhineer heaton said...

put up more pictures already!!!!