Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Blog Ever

Well, here's to my first blog ever written--whether it be good or bad. I'm writing this mostly so Brian will stop asking me if I've blogged today; I also aim to write a blog like my sister-in-law Sam. I also blog because I happen to have a little bit of time on my hands.

My little Bailey is three weeks old today!!! Yeah for Bailey! Every time that a doctor walks by while I'm at the hospital, he/she says that Bailey is doing really great. The most recent update is that they've increased her caffeine dosage to hopefully help decrease her apnea events. I hope that they're right because when she stops breathing, her mom's heart stops beating momentarily. It's only for a brief moment, but it's enough to scare me to death. Seeing your little baby turn blue is not something that I ever imagine that I'd have to experience on a daily basis. But her apnea really has been getting better over the past few days, so I'm keeping a positive outlook. If they keep increasing her caffeine dosage, I'm afraid that she'll come home addicted to DC (Diet Coke to those who don't know our family lingo) like the rest of my family.
Bailey is a very peaceful baby. She loves to sleep and will occasionally open her eyes and check out her new world. Her big time tricks right now are blinking, yawning, wiggling her long, but ultra tiny fingers, and making a random little squeak every now and then. My favorite thing is when I hold her and she snuggles right up to me. I can hardly wait until she comes home and we can snuggle as much as she wants--although I'm sure that as soon as she comes home her sleeping phase will change to a crying phase. She loves meeting all the members of her family and is super excited to meet Auntie Keri on Thursday!

Well, I've got to go and get ready for my big outing to the hospital today. I'll tell Bailey that everyone says, "Hi!"

No comments: