Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Day: Phases 1-4

Christmas morning was finally here!!  We woke the girls up a little bit before 7:00 because we needed to get over to my mom and dad's house by 8:00.  Both Bailey and Brooklynn woke up happy, so we were off to a great start.  We left one of the princesses and a dragon from Bailey's castle on the stairs to see if she would notice.  She did notice as we walked downstairs, and when she saw her castle and realized that it was real so jumped up and down for  a while.  She had to stare at it for a little bit because I don't think she was totally awake yet.
Phase 1:
Here's her moment of shock--is this castle I've been talking about for months finally in my house or am I dreaming?!
She was so happy!!
Thank you Santa!
I love this picture!  It might be the first one where they are both genuinely smiling :)  I gave Brooklynn an easy present to open with pretty paper to entice her to rip it, but she was not interested at all.  She just wanted to watch Bailey for most of the morning.
We opened up stockings and a few other presents before heading over to the other house.  She loved her Hello Kitty slippers--a great Black Friday find!
This is what Brooklynn did for most of the morning.  She makes the best faces!
This phone was a hit.  Look at the next picture to see how Brooklynn was so intrigued by the phone.  It  makes me laugh.
We filled this box with packing peanuts that she had to dig through to find another wrapped gift inside.  She loves the part in Toy Story where there's a box filled with packing peanuts; she always says that she wants some, so we gave some to her.
She loves Jessie
She calls these guys her Up Up doll.
This was her first big girl/imitation American Girl doll.  I didn't take a picture of her with the doll, just opening it (my mistake).  I thought I'd buy her an imitation doll before the real deal to see if she truly liked it.  So far I'm really glad I didn't spend $100 bucks on a doll because she's not too interested it her.  I'm thinking maybe next year?
Who needs presents when you have a bottle?

Once we completed Phase 1 of Christmas morning, we headed over to my parents' house for phase 2.  I was very proud of ourselves because we made it over to the house a little bit before 8:00.  I'm never early anywhere, but we were early on Christmas morning.  It was perfect timing too because the cousins had just finished opening up their stockings too.  At the house we had our usual present fest!

Phase 2:  
CJ, Keri, and the babe
Toni, Aaron, and their child Shorty
Shorty got all dressed up for Christmas!
One bow is cute...
but four bows is better!  
My mama!  We got her a kindle, but it has still yet to be used.  We need to get on that before it becomes a dust collector.
A shot of all the fun
Patiently waiting for her next gift.  I'm not so sure it's patience or pure exhaustion :)
A beef stick and a tennis ball collector--items on the top of everyone's list!
Toni and Bailey with her tiny dolly
We got Brooklynn a drum that lights up and she loved it!  I gave her a tiny sneak peak of the drum a few days before Christmas and she was so excited, so I knew it would be a success on Christmas morning.
Tera got a super cute purse
I just can't resist kissing her chubby cheeks
All of the sisters in our gorgeous Christmas jammies!  They were actually pretty comfy to sleep in too.
Keri is really feeling it in this one!
I love cousins in matching jammies!  They are all so cute!
Umbrellas make everything more fun!
My tiny happy baby!
She just needed to relax for a bit and let it all hang out.

After everything was opened, breakfast was eaten, and we were all dressed we went to church.  That made up Phase 3 of our Christmas morning.  We then packed back into the cars and headed up to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  It was so fun for us all to be at Grandma and Grandpa's house because I know that they love it so much!

Phase 4:
The kids loved hanging out in the swing in the back yard.  They were all a little bit tired at this point, but they powered through like the troopers that they are.
Smiling, happy people!
Bailey and Owen are staring the camera down!
Kate and Owen sang us a Christmas song that they learned in preschool.

Bailey sang us a lovely song that she made up on the spot!  It was entitled Kris Kringle, but the best line was about "the poor baby was named Jesus."  I love that girl!
Eric played an amazing song on the guitar.
Just some beautiful shots during the festivities.

Bailey got a cute sweatsuit from Grandma and Grandpa Mosher.
Look at sweet Grandma Mosher!

Wesley took over the Santa duties...

while Grandpa opened his presents.


Grandma and Grandpa with all their great grandkids.
all great grandkids and grandkids
their kids
The Miller Family

We had a wonderfully exhausting day.  It was so much fun to be with our family all day long.  On our way back home we stopped by Uncle Robert and Aunt Nicky's house (phase 5) and then drove back home (phase 6) to finally fall asleep (phase 7).  Christmas was a success and Bailey already can't wait until the next one--she'll be waiting quite a while for that!

No comments: