Thursday, February 19, 2009

One Year Old Today!

I can't believe it! Bailey is one year old today. It has gone by so fast and has been so much fun. It's so weird for me to think back on what was happening in my life one year ago. I was miserable in the hospital, really drugged up, and worried that I was going to have my baby ten weeks early. Her arrival was really early and very scary, but everything has turned out so great. She amazes her doctors with every visit because she's doing so well. She weighs 19 pounds and is 28 inches tall. She's crawling all over the place like a little speed demon and laughing every step of the way. It's such a fun age right now because you can see her turn into a little person; each day we see a little bit more of her personality develop. She really is a fun baby who loves to smile, laugh, and be a little bit sneaky. She also talks all day long; she has a lot to say about everything that she sees. I love my little Bailey girl and I can't imagine what my life would be like without her. So happy first birthday today; we've made it so far for 365 days and have a whole bunch more to go!

Today she had a birthday party at Trish's house with all of her friends there. They ate cupcakes and opened up her first birthday present. She got an adorable pink purse that talks and sings; it's also filled with everything a little lady needs--lipstick, car keys, bracelet, mirror, and money! At my field hockey game today, one of the moms--Judy Kramer--brought Bailey a mini cake and her daughter, Sandy, brought her balloons. Bailey played with the balloons during the game, but was asleep by the end and missed the team singing her happy birthday, but we didn't let the cake go to waste. After dinner at my mom and dad's house, we let her thoroughly enjoy her first birthday cake. I was looking forward to this all day and it was well worth the wait.

She loved the cake and got more excited the more sugar she ate. After it was completely destroyed and she and the table were covered in frosting, she got a good bath in the sink. Here are some fun pictures of her first cake adventure:

This is the cute cake before it met its match--Bailey.

At first, she didn't know what to do with the cake. She'd touch it, then sit back and smile at us. Once she realized that she could attack the cake and that it tasted good, she went for it.


Two hands were needed for this job of destroying the cake.

Bailey is the champion! She looks so satisfied with herself in this picture, like look what I did.

This picture was a split second before the camera got a little bit of frosting.

She actually dumped the cake on the table in the end, which added to the fun and mess.

Even though she was stripped down, she wanted to go back for more. Toni acted as the body guard to make sure she didn't fall off the table, while the rest of us took pictures.

I'm so proud of my little girl and all of the obstacles that she has overcome in her first year. She brings such joy to our lives and we love her so much! It's been a crazy/fun first year and I can't wait for the rest to come.

5 comments:

beck said...

she is so cute! and my one year old is only 17 lbs and was born right on time.

Erin Lee said...

KACI! First of all...Bailey is so cute, i could just eat her in that little polka dot dress :) hehe. And i'm so glad you found my blog--sometimes i feel stupid blogging since i'm single and have no kids! Oh well! So about those girls...They're pretty small (4x6) but I can do however many you want! I have one framed in my room and its really cute. This week i'm going to post some of them on my blog (I have a ton, so just let me know what kinds you like...) and i'll send you some for sure ;) It was so good hearing from you-you all look great! And sorry for the novel post....

keri mae rhineer heaton said...

ok she is huge!!! i miss the little nugget!!! i feel like bailey and i are as one...i destroyed my cake as well!!! o the little one... i miss her!! cute pictures!!! love you guys!

Missy 'n Danny said...

Happy Birthday Bailey girl!!

k d L said...

holy smokes. that's a mess! how cute!