Friday, March 20, 2009

A New Found Fish

Yesterday we took the kids--Bailey, Kate, and Owen--to the kid pool at Lawrence Welk Resort. I put Bailey in one of her new big girl bathing suits and she looked adorable, but I wasn't quite sure how she would react. I think I found her new favorite thing--water! I carried her, at first, around all of the water things. She had no fear and would stick her head right in the water. I was wearing my cover up dress over my bathing suit because I thought I wouldn't get wet just walking around--boy was I wrong!! Bailey would get so excited she'd kick her little legs and flail her arms in the water until I was completely soaked. When I could tell that she clearly wasn't afraid of the water, I put her down on the ground and let her go. She crawled right up to the water and loved it. She would sit right underneath the giant shower and scream (a happy scream). It was so much fun to watch her play. Once she started to get a little cold, we went into the pool because it was like a giant bathtub. She jumped right into the water without a moments hesitation. I can already tell what we're going to be doing this summer. I'm not sure how much you can teach a one year old to swim, but we're going to do it! I think she would have stayed in the pool for hours, but her diaper was filled to the max and she was a wrinkly as an old prune. Swimming diapers are the next item I added to my shopping list.

How can you resist such an adorable face? This was her pre-swim lunch of yogurt. She loves yogurt, but more than the yogurt, she loves the container.

I don't know if this truly captures her excitement, but she's screaming because she loves it; I'm screaming because she keeps soaking me with water. (Please try to ignore me)

This is how Kate and Owen spent their time--drinking the water as it would shoot up from the ground. I guess there's enough clorine to kill anything really bad? :)

Both Bailey and Kate loved swimming around in the pool.

Here's my little pink daisy after her swim. She ate almost an entire tangerine by herself; she worked up quite an appetite with all her "swimming."

2 comments:

Kadee said...

this is so cute! They have toddler swimming lessons! You should enroll her!

Aunt Nancy said...

I wish I had that cute little pink daisey in my yard!!
I miss you guys and love you very much.
Talk to you soon,
Love, Aunt Nancy