Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Being 3

Today in the car on the way to the beach, I had a classic conversation with Bailey.  I just had to write it down so I don't forget it:

We were talking about something fun (I can't remember exactly) and Bailey started arguing with me.  This is her new thing--arguing.  She'll disagree with you no matter what you say, just for the sake of being contradictory.  I asked her, "Bailey are you arguing with me?"

She responded, "No mom!  I'm just freaking out!"  Which she then proceeded to do.  I let the freak out happen and then moved on with our conversation.

Most of our awesome conversations take place in the car.  There are days when I either feel like cranking up the music to drown her voice out or just turning on a DVD so she'll zone out.  I have nothing against  movies in the car, but I only use them on long trips.  I don't want to miss out on such "precious" moments like this because she was quiet and tuned in to her show.  I actually would like to miss out on some of them, but I'm just not going to give in.  We do have some really good learning moments and some great sing alongs in the car, but she likes to keep me on my toes and throw in one of these every once in a while.  So I'm just hoping that this too is a phase that she'll quickly grow out of--or at least by the time she's 4 :)  (I've heard that 4 is the magical age where they become nice again--right?)  Here's to being 3!!

No comments: